ANSPPB operates under the law, viz Anambra State Physical Planning Law no. 9 of 2013 and Anambra State Building Regulation 2015.

The headquarters of ANSPPB is located adjacent Awka South LGA headquarters Anambra State.

Branches of ANSPPB otherwise known as Local Planning Authorities is situated at all the local government headquarters in Anambra State except for Ogbaru, Onitsha North and Onitsha South LPA.

The current General Manager of ANSPPB is TPL NWABUFO ANENE OGUGUA.

The General Manager of ANSPPB performs oversight functions over all the departments and Staff of ANSPPB.

The current Chairman of ANSPPB is Barr. Chike F. Maduekwe.

The Chairman is also the Managing Director of the Board. He supervises the exercise of the powers of the board which includes:

  1. To administer, execute and enforce the development control aspect of any physical planning laws operative in the State;
  2. To implement approved planning schemes;
  3. To acquire, maintain or repair any plant or machinery which are necessary or desirable for the purpose of its functions;
  4. To enter into such contracts as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of its functions;
  5. To borrow money or dispose of any property vested on the board.

Fencing permit is the building approval granted for fence raising.

To obtain a fencing permit, visit the nearest ANSPPB Local Planning Authority office or ANSPPB headquarters at Awka.

A building permit is an approval granted to a developer by the Local Planning Authority or at ANSPPB headquarters for the purpose of building development.

You can obtain a building permit by visiting the nearest ANSPPB Local Planning Authority office or ANSPPB headquarters, Awka.

A set of building plan consists of:

  1. Location plan: Prepared by a town planner;
  2. Site plan: Prepared by a town planner;
  3. Architectural plan: Prepared by a registered Architect;
  4. Structural plan: Prepared by a registered Engineer or Builder.

A Town Planning Officer or Higher technical officer writes and signs inspection report (Form C).

This depends on the location, size of the plot, etc. The calculation is made with reference to the Planning Fees Schedule of ANSPPB.

The answer is NO. Every building must be constructed by a qualified and duly registered Engineer.

This depends on the location, size of the plot, etc. The calculation is made with reference to the Planning Fees Schedule of ANSPPB.

Payments are made at any of the Commercial Banks using your ANSSID number or online.

This is not advisable because any delay beyond two years will require revalidation of the approval to build with an additional payment made.

This is a form of renewal of building approval after a period of two years of obtaining the said approval without carrying out the building project or completing the structure.

The answer is YES. Once you apply for approval the building will be inspected and if it fit for habitation an approval will be issued to you.

This is a review of and change effect in building plans.

This is done as in normal procedure for obtaining a building permit at ANSPPB Local Planning Authority office or ANSPPB headquarters.

Special projects are the type of developments whose ‘uses’ are beyond mere residential and commercial. They include terminals, airports, mast, petrol stations, gas stations, etc.

These include violation of building lines, violation of setbacks, violation of water bodies’ setbacks, violation of planning schemes/layouts, encroachment on road reserve, etc.

Any development without building permit/approval is an illegal structure hence can be demolished.

Anyone who harasses ANSPPB staff on duty if caught will face prosecution and possible jail term.

Write a petition and submit to the nearest local planning authority with a token tagged petition fee paid into any commercial bank.

A developer is anyone who develops a building/structure in any given parcel of land.

YES. A developer can submit as many building plans as possible at once so long they are all projects which have not been previously granted approval in the name of another developer.

The Engineer must be registered with COREN  and have a current practicing license that permits him to practice in any part of the country.

A town planner is someone who studied Town and Regional Planning in any of the government approved higher institutions and obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in urban and regional planning.

He/she must be skillful and professionally sound in arbitrating between activities and space and must be registered with the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP) and Town Planners Registration Council (TOPREC).

An Architect is a person who plans, designs and reviews the construction of buildings.

Architects put on paper the design of the intended building, enabling the local planning authorities to understand what the developer has in mind to build on an empty land or to amend in an existing structure. This helps in making corrections where necessary before approval is given for the project to commence.

It could result in the demolition of the building since it has invalidated the approved building plan.

They are saddled with the responsibility of granting approval for a good building plan, monitoring of projects to ensure they adhere to the approved plan as well as enforcement of the provisions of the law where necessary including serving of notices and demolitions in extreme cases, etc.