Local Planning Authorities perform the following functions:
- At Macro Level:
- Preparation and implementation of distinct plan, community development plan, rural plan, and subject plan in collaboration with the Board and relevant ministry.
- Acquisition through the Board, development, and maintenance of open spaces, playgrounds, recreational parks on public layouts.
- At Micro Level:
- Collection and management of local planning fees.
- Development control (without prejudice to the State/Board’s interest) within its area of jurisdiction.
- Inspection of sites for sitting/location/erection of billboards including streets/road naming.
Anambra State Physical Planning Board comprises of the following departments:
- Development control;
- Open spaces, recreation, and urban renewal;
- Research, statistics and data processing;
- Public relations office (PRO).